- 1. General
- Storck UK Limited (hereinafter referred to as “Storck”) takes the protection of your personal data very seriously and collects, processes and uses your data only in accordance with the standards of the legal data protection regulations.
Storck is the data controller and responsible for your personal data. Our contact details are:
Storck UK Limited
Postal address: Storck UK Limited, Matrix House, Basing View, Basingstoke RG21 4DZ
Telephone number: +44(0)1256 340300
If links to other pages online are found on our Website, this policy does not apply to data collection and usage on the linked pages, as Storck does not have any kind of influence on their set up and content.
- 2. Processing of Personal Data; Purpose and Legal Basis
- 2.1 Categories of Personal Data
- Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual.
Storck processes the following personal data depending on your actions on our Website: your IP address and the type and scope of the elements (e.g. webpages, buttons) accessed by you as well as the date and time of access and – if you provide this information by filling out forms on our Website (e.g. the contact form or the registration form for a competition) – your title, first and last names and postal address, your e-mail address and your telephone number.
- 2.2 Website usage
- When you visit our Website, connection data is temporarily processed (in particular IP address, last visited URL, time and date, pages accessed). We process this data as far as is necessary to offer our Website (which is in our legitimate interests). We may also process this data in pseudonymous form for the purposes listed under section 2.3, based on your consent. Generally, the usage of our Website is possible without providing data other than the data listed in this section 2.2.
If you provide personal data by filling out forms on our Website (such as the contact form), we will process this data to answer your request or if necessary to fulfil a contract with you, in particular in the case of a competition that you participate in.
If you do not provide personal data, you may not be able to use specific functions of our Website (in particular, you will not be able to participate in a competition that is offered) but there will be no other consequences.
So far as the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- 2.3 Analysis for marketing purposes and for website optimisation (Piwik PRO)
- Data on your use of our Website is processed with technologies provided by Piwik PRO for the purposes of our legitimate interests, namely to optimise our Website and for marketing purposes. For these purposes, usage profiles that contain the data listed in section 2.2 and data about your activities on our Website (in particular which pages, buttons or other elements you accessed, and when) are created under a pseudonym. The profiles will not contain or be combined with data that directly identifies you (such as your name).
To facilitate the usage analysis, cookies (see section 2.4) can be used to recognize your internet browser. When you visit our Website, we ask for your consent to such cookies (see section 2.4). Please refer to section 2.4 on how you can withdraw such consent and browse our Website without cookies. If you specifically want to deactivate the cookies used for the analysis described in this section, please use the following mechanism.
You may deactivate the analysis of your usage data in pseudonymous profiles using Piwik PRO at any time. You have two options to do so. First, you can activate the option “Do-Not-Track” in your browser (please refer to your browser’s help section for further information). Alternatively, you can click the following checkbox to set a cookie that indicates your choice not to be tracked using Piwik PRO:
- 2.4 Cookies
Cookies are small text files that are being sent from a web server to your browser and that are being stored on the hard disk of your computer. This will enable us to recognise repeat visits from you or respectively your computer. This way we can offer a better functionality of our Website and execute web analyses in our legitimate interests, as described in section 2.3. Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default.
After you have given your consent to cookies (by using our Website), you may withdraw your consent at any time. To specifically deactivate tracking cookies (and the analysis of usage data), please follow the instructions in section 2.3. You may also at any time choose to deactivate cookies in your browser settings, and/or delete cookies from your hard disk via your browser menu. Finally, you may install a plug-in in your browser to protect your privacy that offers the possibility to prevent tracking and/or related cookies.
- 2.5 Transfer of data to third parties
- Our website is hosted by AUGUST STORCK KG, Waldstraße 27, 13403 Berlin, Germany, which processes the data collected via our Website as our data processor. We do not transfer your personal data to other third parties unless this is necessary to fulfil a request by you (e.g. if you submit a request via the contact form asking to receive information from another company of the Storck group).
- 2.6 Deletion
- We delete your personal data as soon as processing the data is no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected and if there are no legal requirements for the retention of data. Storck has in place a data retention procedure to ensure that personal data is not held longer than is necessary.
- 2.7 Data security
- Storck take all necessary technical and organisational measures to protect your data against loss, damage, manipulation and unauthorised access. Our employees and all persons involved in the processing of your data are obliged to observe data protection laws and to handle personal data confidentially. Our employees are trained accordingly. Internal as well as external audits ensure compliance with all data protection processes at Storck.
In order to protect the personal data of the users of our Website, we use a secure online transmission method, the so-called “Secure Socket Layer” (SSL) transmission. This is recognisable by the added “s” behind http://, hence https://, respectively when a green, closed padlock symbol is showing in the address bar. By clicking on the symbol you may obtain information about the SSL certificate being used. The display of the symbol depends on the browser version you are using. The SSL encryption grants the encrypted and complete transmission of your data.
- 2.8 Social Share Buttons
- We use the so-called “two-click solution”, which means that when you visit our Website, generally no personal information will be shared with third parties. Only if you click on one of the social share buttons will personal information be transmitted to the respective provider.
By activating the social share button, the respective provider will receive information that your browser has accessed a specific page on our Website. This occurs even if you do not have an account with the provider or are currently not logged in to this account. This information will be directly transmitted by your browser to the provider’s server, e.g. in the U.S and stored there.
If you are logged into an account with this provider, they can directly assign the visit to our Website to your account. If you interact with the share dialogue window (e.g. leaving a comment), the respective information will also be directly transmitted to the provider’s server and stored there. Further, this information will be published on the provider’s page and shown to your contacts. If you do not want the provider to assign the data collected during your visit to our Website to your user account, you must log out of this account before the first use of the plug-in.
To find out more about the purpose and extent of data collection, processing and usage of data by the provider as well as your related rights and configuration options to protect your privacy please refer to the privacy policies of the respective providers.
Here are the addresses of the respective providers and a URL with their privacy policies:
Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA
Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, California 94103, USA
LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, California 94043, USA
- 3. Your rights concerning personal data
- Data protection law provides you with a number of rights. You have the right to request access to your personal data, as well as (in certain circumstances), the right to the correction, deletion and restriction of the processing of your data, and the right to ask us to transfer any personal data you provided to us to another organisation and to object to processing.
If you give consent to the processing of your personal data, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please email, write to or telephone us and let us have enough information to identify you e.g. your full name and address as well as what right you want to exercise and the personal data to which your request relates.
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you may raise about our use of your personal data. If you want to complain about how we have used your personal data, please email, write to or telephone us. However, if we are not able to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you can complain to the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Further information about how to make a complaint to the ICO can be found on the ICO website www.ico.org.uk.
The EU General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority in the European Union state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred.
- 4. No automated decision making
- Storck does not use your personal data for automated decision making.